We are proud to announce that our Koster Deuxan 2C, (a two component polystyrene-free, fibrated, polymer modified bitumen thick film sealant for the safe waterproofing of building structures. The coating bridges cracks of the substrate safely and against pressurised water. KÖSTER Deuxan® 2C is radon-proof), has been awarded BBA Certification (Certificate 18/5509), rubberstamping Delta’s rigorous approach to product specification and assessment.
Agrément Certificates ensure products and systems that have passed a series of comprehensive assessments – including laboratory tests, on-site evaluations, quality management checks and inspections of production. Certification includes:
• factors relating to compliance with Building Regulations where applicable
• factors relating to additional non-regulatory information where applicable
• independently verified technical specification
• assessment criteria and technical investigations
• design considerations
• installation guidance
• regular surveillance of production
• formal three-yearly review.
BBA certification is a mark of quality, safety and reliability and is recognised by building control, government departments, architects, local authorities, specifiers and industry insurers. mKoster Deuxan 2C – A Unique Waterproofing Solution
Key factors assessed included:
- Resistance to water and water vapour — the system provides an effective barrier to the
passage of water under hydrostatic pressure and water vapour from the ground.
- Resistance to mechanical damage — the system will accept the limited foot traffic and loads
associated with installation.
- Durability — under normal service conditions and when suitably protected, the system will
provide an effective barrier to the transmission of liquid water and water vapour for the
design service life of the structure in which it is incorporated.
NHBC Standards 2018
In the opinion of the BBA, KÖSTER Deuxan 2C, if installed, used and maintained in accordance with this Certificate, can satisfy or contribute to satisfying the relevant requirements in relation to NHBC Standards, Chapter 5.4 Waterproofing of basements and other below ground structures. Where Grade 3 waterproofing protection is required and the below ground wall retains more than 600 mm (measured from the top of the retained ground to the lowest finished floor level) the system should be used in combination with either a Type B or C waterproofing protection.
In the opinion of the BBA, the system is suitable for use on existing structures when installed and used in accordance with this Certificate and NHBC Standards for Conversions and Renovations, taking account of other relevant guidance within this document on the suitability of the substrate to receive the system, and where necessary, the relevant Chapters of NHBC Standards.